|DEMA PROUDLY PRESENTS CLASSES OFFERED BY
PETER VAN RYDER OF ESTATE MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS!
Current DEMA members are eligible to receive $100 off the cost of this course.
Enter Promotional Code: DEMA. Member dues must be current. Cannot be combined with other discounts. One discount per registration.
Housekeeping Training Program
Take your Housekeeping to the Next Level
Estate Management Solutions has partnered with the Charles MacPherson Academy to bring its world-renowned housekeeper course to the professional. This 2-day training features the exact same material taught in this famous school of butler and household management, the only one of its kind in North America.
We are the only traveling trainers in North America who are able to offer this certificate away from the Academy. Students who successfully complete the program and testing requirements will graduate with a certificate as per our governance.
The Housekeeping Course will take place over two-days and span fourteen-hours:
Saturday from 9am – 5pm & Sunday from 9am – 5pm.
During the program, students will have both classroom and hands-on experiences. Each student will receive a copy of the Housekeeping & Laundry workbook from the Academy. The subjects will include, but are not limited to:
- Difference between housekeeping, housecleaning & deep cleaning
- Cleaning tools required for the house of today
- Different types of vacuums and the best type to use on each surface
- Cleaning products, both chemical and non-chemical
- Preparing daily general-purpose cleaning caddies and specialty caddies
- Understanding the effects of heat, light & humidity on household interiors
- Best practices cleaning techniques for bedrooms, bathrooms and kitchens
- Caring for specialty surfaces such as wood cabinetry, stainless steel, ceramic, shower doors, and blinds
- Correctly dust anything from delicate to everyday surfaces. This is the same technique used in museums such as The Metropolitan Museum of Art, The Louvre Museum and Buckingham Palace
- Caring for specialty items such as antiques, art, books, draperies, sculptures, painted and wallpapered walls, chandeliers and rugs
- How to make the perfect 3-sheet method bed and turn-down
- Time management – how to schedule your time and keep track of what has been done
- Understanding clothing/laundry labels
- Correctly sort laundry for the wash
- Folding methods
- Best practices for stain removal, including step-by-step instructions
- Understanding the difference between and uses for a top loading and front loading washer
- Ironing techniques and temperature chart, according to fabrics
- How to safely wash a cashmere sweater by hand
The last hour of the class on Day Two includes a special short presentation on how to set an individual place setting for any meal.
Each student will receive a world-renowned “Butler Stick“ so that they understand and can execute correctly an individual place setting using the technique of “accuracy = symmetry and symmetry = beauty”.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Phone: (214) 808-1301
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No, you do not need to bring your ticket.
What is the refund policy?
In the event that you purchase this course and are unable to attend you can use a credit towards future EMS programs.
Is Lunch Included?
Lunch is NOT included with this course. Students will have time to stretch their legs and get some oxygen flowing back into the brain!
About Our Host
International Crew Training (ICT) in Ft Lauderdale offers the best training in the best location at the best price.
Train at ICT for the best training
- Our standards are world leading and our examination pass rates are the best of the best.
- Our instructors have over 200 combined years of training.
- ICT’s facilities are second to none, using the latest simulators and educational materials.
- We’ll train you how to prepare yourself and your resume/CV.
Train at ICT for the best location
- Train in a location that is literally full of yachts!
- Surrounded with boat yards, marinas and marine businesses, Fort Lauderdale is a great year round hub for crew.
- By training with ICT you develop your own local network from the outset, and networking leads to employment.
- The weather, beaches, nightlife and ease of access to some of the world’s most popular destinations only serve to make your visit more fun!
Train at ICT for the best price
- Training at ICT in Fort Lauderdale is more affordable than any other country.
- Just compare the cost of the STCW 95 basic safety training course with Europe or Australia.
- Accommodation, transport, food and shopping are significantly cheaper in Fort Lauderdale than in France, Australia, UK or anywhere else that offers training at this level!
So here you have Quality, Fun and Value all in one place!
Get started here and we’ll keep your career on course!
Saturday, Nov. 8th, and
Sunday, Nov. 9th, 2014
from 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM (EDT)
International Crew Training
910 SE 17th St., Suite 200
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33316
Street and Lot Parking
Space is limited to 12 students to facilitate interaction.
Trainer: Peter Van Ryder
Phone: (214) 808-1301
More about the instructor: Click Here.
Here is what are students are saying:
“Peter has taken his years of private service expertise and made it available to others to learn and excel in this industry. He brings real solutions to everyday issues for today’s professional private service staff. Attending his session will not only enhance your career but help take it to the next level. Honest, concise, entertaining and educational! Don’t miss this opportunity to learn from an industry leader.”
-Kellie Geres DEMA DC Chapter President
“Extremely satisfied. I would take any future courses offered by EMS.”
“Worth the time and money, especially for those looking to improve & streamline their administrative systems.”